I started writing this blog a whole year ago! It seems like it’s something I’ve always done!
I started writing to coincide with no junk July 2016, and it snowballed from there! In the last year I’ve reached over 100 countries and had close to 50,000 views, and enjoyed almost every second of it!
I never thought blogging would be so hard, yet so rewarding. I didn’t imagine I would form bonds with people from across the globe nor that absolute strangers would be so supportive and so honest about their own lives!
10 things I have learned about blogging.
1. It’s not about free stuff
2. Having thousands of followers is hard work, but rewarding
3. Being organised is key
4. Honesty and privacy are important
5. Go out of your comfort zone
6. Blogs don’t have to be 17,000 word with perfect pictures
7. Don’t focus on the numbers, it’s the interactions that count.
8.You don’t need to pay money out for upgraded services. There are good free ones
9. You don’t have to stick to one subject, Your blog is predominantly for you!
10. Remember it’s your blog, including family/friend details can ruin relationships if its too personal! Unless your blog is 100% private anyone could read it.
10 things I love about blogging
1. Seeing interaction from people I would never usually come into any kind of contact with
2. Reading a comment that says, yeah me too!
3. Being able to write about anything from weightloss to short stories
4. Seeing where people are from across the globe in my stats
5. Reading reviews on other blogs before I buy something.
6. I can write more indepth about so many things. Im not restricted by character count.
7.How much people adore Holly the cat!
8. I can be whatever I feel inside, I can be honest, and shed my layers from the ‘real world’
9.Reading other blogs, the people’s blogs I read are so interesting. I often get taken in more by a blog than by a book!
10. Having an outlet. An outlet where people are so supportive and rarely judge!
10 things I dislike about blogging
1.I can get too worried about numbers
2. Writers block
3. Knowing whether PR emails are genuine
4. Trying to keep up with all of my social media
5. Feeling like I should be doing better!
6. All of the free platforms that now charge as blogging has increased! (Crowdfire)
7. Forgetting to reply to comments
8. Worrying your blog format could be better with no idea how to change it.
9. Subject, length, picture anxiety
10. Having no blogs scheduled!
10 goals for the next year
1. Schedule more posts in advance
2. Plan said posts properly
3. Write more reviews
4. Interact more
5. Condense social media to an hour or two rather than spread throughout the day
6. Learn how to improve my blog
7. Accept more guest posts
8. Focus less on numbers
9. Take a break if neccesary
10. More pictures of food and Holly
I’m so looking forward to the coming year and what discoveringsooz brings!
Hopefully I’ll see you there!
Love Sooz x