You may or may not have noticed, I have been missing for a few weeks. My phone broke, which prompted a full social media hiatus!
I enjoyed every minute of not being online. Without realizing or had come to a time where social media and I had fallen out of love. I was looking at numbers rather than interaction and I couldn’t sleep without reaching that perfect number.
Now I’m back I feel refreshed and less bothered by numbers. I want to post good things!
Things I noticed with no phone
- I slept better
- I watched a full TV show
- I played with Holly more
- I enjoyed the birds singing
- I didn’t wake up and check my phone
- I didn’t pretty my food up for pics
- I had more conversations
- I watched less TV
- I relaxed in the bath
- I read the back of the air freshener in the loo
- I read real books
- I watched the news & weather on TV
- I didn’t do things just so I could take a picture
Whilst it was a wonderful break and it did show me how obsessed I was becoming, I’m grateful to be able to write again and have somewhere to write my lists!
Would you cope with a sudden social media break?
Love Sooz x