This is the first blog post not copied over or edited from my Instagram! That’s scary in itself, but the post is also about food, my frenemy!
I work hard now, not only cooking and planning food, but also on colours and presentation.
- We shop once a fortnight
- The freezer is my best tool
- We spent £35 a week on food for two people
- I have to plan my snacks
- I eat my biggest meal at lunch
- Bread is my biggest vice
- Portion sizes and salt are my weakness
Food is still something I cling onto when I’m stressed, but instead of a full family food shop, I just eat one or two things.
Also, I’m not saying that I eat kale 24/7 I have treats, I have treats maybe once or twice a week rather than daily. My treat is also half a portion of fish and chips or a shared pub meal rather than a whole portion that I get too full to finish.
Flavours are also incredibly important. I have a big tub of all different herbs and I enjoy experimenting, sometimes it’s not always good, I’ve also found I cook nearly everything from scratch and if use meat, it’s a cut of meat not processed chicken remoulded and battered.
I can’t imagine eating, or more importantly enjoying the food I used to eat. Most of it was flavourless stodge, that had next to no nutrition.
My top tips
- The freezer is your friend
- An omlette takes less than 10 minutes to cook
- Plan meals when you shop
- Make your plate pretty for you- not Instagram staged pretty
- Make a rainbow with veggies
- Look for offers
- Buy as many non processed foods as you can
- Buy healthy snacks- if you’re going to snack, control it
- Buy cooked meat offcuts… They’re great for salads, sandwiches etc… And cheap
Make a change on your plate!
Love sooz x